We’re back with a new episode of #EverydayInspiralized, my video cooking series on my YouTube channel.
We’re making a slightly new recipe (adapted from this original) – Lemon-Garlic Broccoli Noodles with White Beans and Parmesan!
Yes, we’re spiralizing broccoli today!!
If you haven’t spiralized broccoli yet, you must try it after watching this video. The trick? Find a broccoli stem that’s nice and wide (and long!) It should be at least 1.5 inches in diameter and three inches in length for best results. Anything smaller will really just shred the stem instead of slice it into noodles.
This dish is climbing the favorites rank – it’s so surprisingly rich and filling, on account of all the fiber and delicious ingredients (nutty toasted pine nuts, creamy parmesan, lemon and garlic.)
You’ll be surprised at how easy this recipe is!
Watch this week’s episode of #EverydayInspiralized and subscribe so you never miss a video:
PLEASE NOTE: Currently, I am celebrating my one year wedding anniversary with my husband, in Southeast Asia. Thus, I am not checking blog comments and messages. If you do leave a comment, Meaghan, our Brand & Community Manager is here to respond and help with any questions. You can always e-mail her if you need anything while I’m gone. I return July 4th weekend, and will respond to everything that week when I’m back in the office. Thank you for your patience and understanding as I enjoy this time with my husband!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 9 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
#EverydayInspiralized: Lemon-Garlic Broccoli Noodles with White Beans and Parmesan
- 1 large broccoli head with stem
- 1/2 cup white beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2-3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Slice off the head of the broccoli, leaving as little stem on the florets as possible. Set aside the broccoli florets. Slice the bottom end off the broccoli stem so that it is evenly flat. Spiralize the broccoli stem, using Blade C.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in the broccoli florets, stems, red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes, shaking the skillet frequently, letting the broccoli cook.
- While the broccoli is cooking, place your pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat. Let toast until fragrant and the pine nuts slightly brown, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the pine nuts – toss occasionally. When done, set aside.
- Add in the garlic and lemon juice and cook for 3-5 more minutes (covered) or until broccoli is tender but more easily pierced with a fork.
- Add beans. Warm for 1 minute.
- Transfer the broccoli to a serving bowl and top with pine nuts and parmesan cheese.