I’ll admit, sometimes I’m late to the game. I’m definitely late to the game on figs. Or maybe, I just never bit into a proper fig.
Well, I picked up a package of figs on a whim the other week, bit into one, and now, I’m a convert.
What better way to enjoy figs than with dainty greens, gorgeous golden beets and a fresh vinaigrette?
Figs have a lovely sweet flavor and every time you take a bite, it’s like biting into a pillow filled with chia pudding. That’s the best way to explain it!
Figs work really well in salads, because they’re soft, tasty and easy to prepare.
Adding golden beet noodles into the mix makes the salad more robust, colorful and nutrient dense.
The best part? Unlike purple/red beets, golden beets don’t bleed, so they’re simpler and cleaner to prepare.
This dish is the perfect starter summer salad, but if you’d like to make it into a main course, try adding some prosciutto and goat cheese – or even a boiled egg and some bacon. Vegan? Add some chilled lentils.
I just can’t take my eyes off this one.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers PointsPlus*: 7 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers PointsPlus® calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Fig and Golden Beet Arugula Salad with Sunflower Seeds
- For the salad:
- 3 packed cups arugula
- 1 large golden beet peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 3-4 figs stems removed, quartered
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the arugula and golden beet noodles. Pour in the dressing and toss to combine. Set aside in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Remove, add in the figs and sunflower seeds and toss to combine again.
- Divide the salad into two plates.