Well, 2017, thanks for the memories!
Every year, I love starting 2018 off with writing out (err, typing out) my goals and resolutions. It’s cathartic!
As part of this, I take a look back on 2017’s resolutions. Keeping myself honest!
But before we go through my intentions for the year, let’s look at past years.
- Do yoga once a week. Unfortunately, I found yoga very uncomfortable towards the middle of my pregnancy, so I stopped doing it. BUT, for the first few weeks of the New Year, I definitely kept this up! I am looking forward to doing more yoga in 2018, now that the bump is gone (upgraded it for a baby!)
- Become a morning person. Accomplished! I’d say that 90% of my workouts in 2017 were in the morning, 6-6:30am. It made me more productive and kept me fit during my pregnancy! There was no way I was going to make it until after work to workout — I was always so tired by the end of the day, especially in the first trimester.
This year, as a new mama, my first priority is to be a good mother. And I truly want to focus just on that.
But, I do have a few resolutions for 2018:
- Get back in shape post-partum: I have 5 lbs left to lose, but the scale isn’t what I’m focused on. I want to get back into lifting and strength conditioning shape – I want to be able to do 10 burpees without puking, get low on the squats, and have my abs back (especially those lower abs.)
- Monthly social media detoxes: Lu and I are the WORST with this. After dinner, we’ll hang out on the couch and literally spend the next 2-3 hours on our phones. Since time with just us is precious with the baby, it’s more important than ever to focus on our time together. I’m planning on ‘going offline’ once a month!
- Cook from more cookbooks: I always say I’m going to do this, but I’m going to do it! At least one new recipe a month, that’s my resolution!
- Listen to more podcasts: when I had my office, I used to listen to podcasts all the time,
And then, I have a 2018 intention professionally: execute, execute, execute. I have so many ideas for Inspiralized and I can get stifled by them. 2018 is going to be the year of executing. Having an idea, making a plan, and making it a reality. That is my intention for 2018.
Let’s make it happen and have our best year yet! Cheers to the New Year!