HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!! What a beautiful time of year, full of energy, excitement, and …. resolve!
Another year, another new chapter, another time to pause and set resolutions for the year.
This time, I’m doing things a little differently. I’m setting a couple resolutions and this year, I’m giving myself one big challenge.
But before we go through my resolutions for the year, let’s look at past years.
- Spend more time with my girlfriends. Definitely! Of all the things I did in 2016, spending more time with my friends was a top priority.
- Become a morning person. Yes, I worked out a handful of times in the morning and started work by 8, but by no means did I accomplish this in full. That’s why it’s making a comeback in 2017.
- Stop beating myself up for not making it to the gym. Yes, 100%! This was the most liberating NY resolution I ever set, and I am so thankful for it. No longer am I haunted by my lonely gym shoes! I ended up working out MORE, because I was less conscious of missing workouts.
- Take more time for myself. I definitely took a few hooky days off work to do things for me, instead of scheduling them for after the work day. Prioritizing my health was key in 2016!
- Finally find a cause to support long term. I didn’t do this at all in 2016, I’ll admit it! It’s going on the 2017 list!
This year, I’m taking a different approach to New Year’s resolutions. I’m setting one main “challenge” and then setting one single resolution.
My main challenge is this: do yoga once a week for all of 2017.
Now, this is a HUGE challenge for me, because I’ve only done yoga once in my life. Once. However, I lack flexibility, I’m not the most centered or mindful person, and I think yoga will help with all of this and I’m excited to see how yoga will shift my mindset, change my body, and nourish my mind. Stay tuned over on @getinspiralized to track me and perhaps, follow along! And send me all of your at-home yoga YouTubers, for those days when I can’t make it to a studio but still want to stay on top of my challenge.
As for my resolution, here it is: Become a morning person.
I’m approaching this resolution a bit differently this time. In times past, I looked at waking up early as only a means to an early morning workout. This time around, I’m going to wake up at 6:00am and start my day however I’m feeling.
If I’m feeling energized and ready for a workout, I’ll workout. If I’m not feeling it, I’ll just get up, have a coffee, get some work done, and THEN workout. I definitely want to make an effort to work out in the mornings in 2017, not to “get it out of the way” but more as an effort to set a healthy, clear-minded pace for the day. Waking up early and working out has so many physical and mental benefits, and I want to reap them!
And I work for myself, so I need to stop trying to fit into a 9 to 5 schedule. It’s okay if I work out 9 – 10am, especially if that’s what makes my work throughout the day more productive. This is something I’ve struggled with since the beginning – breaking that 9 to 5 mentality. I’m always at my desk between 7:45 – 8:15am, but it doesn’t need to be that way!
No more of guilt-tripping myself to a 9 to 5 schedule in 2017!
2017 will be the year of being more confident than I’ve ever been before, playing life by the rules I set, and executing, not just planning. I’m so happy and grateful to have you all along for the journey – you’re my support team, and I feel all kinds of #blessed.
Inspiralized Meal plans
I challenge you to eat Inspiralized for a week and see how you feel! To launch the year, I’ve created weekly meal plans (Vegan and Gluten-Free) that will take the guesswork out of lunch and dinner for the week. I encourage you to follow along with me – these are the types of weekly meal plans I made for myself when I was trying to lose weight – they’re full of vegetables, lean proteins, and you’ll feel like you’re eating something completely different every day.
Join me and thousands of others over on the Inspiralized Facebook Community and motivate one another to keep on track of the meal plan – share images of your food, ask questions, troubleshoot recipes, and get excited about eating #inspiralized! Meaghan and I moderate this community, so you’ll see us check in everyday!
Click the below images to learn more about the meal plans and purchase: