I am so excited to bring this ‘oldie but a goodie’ recipe out from the archives.
Not only have I updated the recipe to read more clearly, but the lovely Sarah Fennel from Broma Bakery took these photographs for me! How gorgeous?
In an effort to not drive myself crazy bending over and taking loads of photos to prepare this blog for my absence post-baby, I’ll be having Sarah show some of my old recipes some love, with a photography makeover!
Sarah’s such a talented photographer and a friend and I am so happy to have her photos on this blog – honored, even! I mean, I’m constantly drooling over her Instagram.
This zucchini noodle skillet is chock full of healthy veggies and has a delicious harissa flavor that’s beautifully spicy – the feta sprinkled on top gives a burst of salty that complements the runny eggs, soft kale, and harissa. The chickpeas and eggs are an easy, lean protein source that makes this dish friendly for breakfast, lunch OR dinner.
What I love most about this recipe (originally posted here) is that it all happens in ONE skillet, so it’s a one-pan meal that’s easy for cleanup.
Grab a friend, sibling, parent, spouse, whatever and enjoy this meal together – perhaps with some crusty multigrain bread on the side for dipping the leftover sauce!
In the spirit of out with the old and in with the new, our Inspiralized Reader Survey is back for 2017! I’d love for you to take a moment to fill out the survey- and in exchange, you’ll be automatically entered to win an Inspiralized t-shirt and sticker!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 13 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Harissa and Kale Zucchini Noodle Skillet with Feta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or half a 14oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp spicy red pepper Harissa sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small pinch of saffron
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 large zucchini or 2 medium Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick or cast-iron skillet. Once the oil heats, add in garlic and shallots. Cook for 30 seconds and then add in the diced tomatoes, harissa sauce, cumin, saffron and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the chopped kale, stir to combine and let cook until sauce is reduced. Once sauce is reduced, add in the zucchini noodles and chickpeas. Toss the noodles around until covered in the sauce.
- Move the mixture around to create two pockets for the eggs. Crack one egg into each pocket. Cover the skillet and let cook for about 5 minutes or until egg whites have fully set.
- Remove the cover, garnish with parsley and feta. Enjoy!