Last Sunday, I shared a recipe from a collaboration I did with my favorite spin brand, Peloton Cycle.
Well, this collaboration included two recipes, and today, I’m sharing the second (and final) one!
If you don’t want to scroll through the post and the pictures, you can grab the recipe here.
This recipe is something I make for breakfast, when I’m looking to really fuel up for the day. It’s a go-to on the weekends, but also on weekdays when I know I’ll be running around a lot and need something to keep me energized and nourished for the day.
The kale, avocado and sweet potato noodle combo is delicious in itself, but the fried egg really seals the deal here- the runny yolk coats the veggies and avocado.
If you’re looking for on-the-go breakfasts, then make this egg scrambled and it will travel well – just pack everything in a reusable container and bring it to work!
And if you’re looking to jazz it up, add some hot sauce (I love Frank’s) on top. Sometimes, I even sprinkle with hemp seeds for an extra boost.
I’ll definitely be making this during the week – I have a busy week and a half in front of me. Not only is my edited manuscript due back on Tuesday, I’ll be in a studio for the next 8 days for the photo shoot of my cookbook!
Make sure you’re following me on Instagram and Snapchat (username Inspiralized) to see the behind the scenes! I can’t wait to share the process with all of you. It’s been quite a process – I’ve really put everything I have into this book and the recipes are just incredible!
Remember, today’s recipe can be found on Peloton Cycle’s blog “Cadence.” Grab it here!
And if you’re looking to have a healthy week, did you know that we offer meal plans now in gluten-free, vegan and Paleo? Check them out here.
Kale, Avocado, and Sweet Potato Noodle Breakfast Bowl
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive or coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 packed cups of kale
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and insides cubed or sliced
- Optional garnishes: hot sauce and/or 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- First, start by preparing your sweet potato noodles and kale.
- Place a larger skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the sweet potato noodles and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Toss to combine and then cook for about 7 minutes or until noodles wilt and are cooked through, tossing occasionally.
- While sweet potato noodles cook, set another skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Add in the kale and season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 5 minutes or until wilted and then divide into two bowls.
- Back in the same skillet used to cook the kale, coat with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Crack in the eggs and let cook until egg whites set.
- Top the kale bowls with the cooked sweet potato noodles and avocado. Top both bowls with a fried egg and garnish with hemp sees and/or hot sauce (optional).