I love one pan meals. Who doesn’t? A one pan meal is exactly what it sounds like: a meal that can be made using just one pan.
Easy clean up, less time spent in the kitchen and more time doing what we all love: eating.
When I teased this recipe on Instagram, I got so many requests to post the recipe, so here we are: starting the week off right!
This weekend, I spent most of Saturday with my niece and my brother-in-law. We went to brunch, then walked around the water a bit, and then Gabriella (our niece) came over to take a nap. We used the nursery for the first time, haha!
There aren’t many babies on my side of the family, so I’ve never had any “baby training.” I remember when Gabriella was first born (she’s 2 years old now), I had no idea what to do/how to hold her and was always nervous. It’s funny how we’re so nervous around babies and then you realize how resilient they are, you feel silly for being so nervous!
And I’m sure, from what everyone tells me, one pan meals are going to become very important when we have a baby – easy, quick, and no clean up.
This dish is perfectly salty – the zucchini noodles and artichokes absorb the saltiness from the feta and kalamata olives and balance everything out.
The chicken is rubbed with simple spices (paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper) and baked, for a healthy, easy dinner that saves well in the refrigerator for leftovers.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday! I’m spending this one working, but it’s all for some very exciting projects upcoming!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 10 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Lemon-Herb Chicken and Roasted Artichoke Zucchini Pasta with Feta
- 1 boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + more to drizzle
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 lemon slices
- ½ cup canned artichokes drained, patted dry
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 medium zucchinis
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and rub with the olive oil. Season both sides with paprika, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, and salt and pepper. Lay the lemon slice on top of the chicken breast. On the other side of the baking dish, place in the artichokes and olives and drizzle with olive oil. Season with pepper. Bake the mixture for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, spiralize the zucchinis. 15 minutes after the chicken mixture has been cooking, add in the zucchini noodles, nestling in between the chicken, artichokes, and olives. Drizzle with more olive oil, if moisture is needed. Let cook for the remaining 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Sprinkle the feta into the zucchini mixture in the baking dish and toss well to combine. Divide the vegetable mixture onto plates and top with the chicken. Serve.