As I’m sitting here to write this post, I’m laughing at myself, because my hair is disheveled, I have a scab around my lip from where I picked a non-existent blemish (I hate when I do that!) and I just look anything but glowy and put together. But that’s reality and I want to share it, because I feel like often when bloggers put together these sorts of posts, you’re left feeling overwhelmed and like you’re not “on top of it.” Well, I’m here to tell you that I have a very minimal skincare and makeup routine and hopefully you won’t feel overwhelmed, especially because you can hop on IG stories at anytime and see my real, every day face – scabs and all!
Also, I’m not an expert in skincare and it’s honestly nothing I’ve ever really dived into. I just experiment with products, switch them up a couple times of year (I believe that our skin, like our bodies, gets used to the same products/routines, so it’s good to change it up.) I may be putting things on the wrong way, but it’s what works for me and since so many of you ask about my “glow” (which again, makes me laugh), I wanted to put it all in a post! So here we go.
Lately, I’ve been trying to do my makeup as much as possible, because it makes me more productive, makes me feel more polished, and gives me a routine to stick to that overall helps give structure to these endless pandemic days.
- If I make my 6am workout: of course I shower afterwards, so I use an exfoliating face wash (only in the shower), and then get out of the shower, use toner with a cotton round and then apply my daily face moisturizer and my undereye cream.
- If I don’t workout first thing: I splash water on my face and pat dry with a towel that I use only for that purpose. I won’t wash my face or apply a moisturizer until after I workout later that day (and I’ll use the aforementioned products.)
- I wash my face with a gentle cleanser to get off all of the makeup and dirt and apply my night cream. During the colder months (like now!) I start using this oil, which I put on before that night cream.
Total product list:
When I start putting makeup on, I always have a clean, moisturized face. If I haven’t washed my face yet that day, then I’ll splash water and use moisturizer or use some toner and then moisturizer.
- Brows first: Pencil in my brows with this Brown Pencil (in Dark Brown) and then brush my brows upwards with this Brow Gel (in Black)
- Concealer next: I use this concealer stick (in Medium with warm undertones), for under my eyes and to dab on any redness or blemishes around my face and then I blend it in with a Beauty Blender
- Bronzer next: in the summertime, I don’t use bronzer, but when my tan fades and I need a little help, I use this Bronzer (in Surf) around my forehead, cheekbones and chin.
- Top with blush: Around my cheeks and cheekbones, I use this blush stick (in Bare), which I find stays on longer than powder blushes.
- Eyelashes: I curl my eyelashes with this archaic eyelash curler that I can’t find a link to (I don’t even know the brand) and then I use my Ilia mascara, which is the best mascara on the planet.
Total product list:
- Brown Pencil (in Dark Brown)
- Brow Gel (in Black)
- Concealer stick (in Medium with warm undertones)
- Beauty Blender
- Bronzer (in Surf)
- Blush stick (in Bare)
- Ilia mascara
And that’s it! That’s my every day skincare and makeup routine! I’ll keep this updated as I switch out products.