I am especially excited to share today’s recipe with you, made by my lovely friend Gina from Skinnytaste. Chances are, you already know about Gina – she’s a major food blogger who I’ve looked up to from the very beginning of my food blogging career.
True story: the first recipe I ever made off the internet was from Gina’s blog! Needless to say, I’ve been a fan of hers since the very, very beginning and now, we’re friends and I’m so happy to have her on the blog today.
Gina and I have the same publisher and we both live in the NYC area, so I’ve gotten to know her over the years – and she’s absolutely lovely. She’s one of those genuinely kind people that’s like a breath of fresh air and truly humble (when she has LOTS to brag about!)
She’s made a colorful, healthy dish for today – and if you didn’t now about Gina’s Skinnytaste, now you do!
Chicken, Feta cheese, tomatoes, olives, oregano and lemon – this low-carb chicken dish is quick, keto-friendly, gluten-free and SO good! Inspired by the flavors of the Mediterranean. You can easily make this dairy-free by omitting the cheese.
Hi, I’m Gina Homolka, creator of Skinnytaste.com which features delicious, healthy, family-friendly recipes made light with real food.
I’m also a New York Times Best Selling author to The Skinnytaste Cookbook and Skinnytaste Fast and Slow. Ali and I have the same publisher, so we’ve really gotten to know each other these past few years and I truly consider her a great friend and have mad respect for her! I’m thrilled to be writing a guest post here on her blog while she’s spending quality time with her newborn son (gosh, I’ve been there and know how truly wonderful yet challenging those first few months can be).
Connect with Gina:
- Her blog, Skinnytaste
Her cookbooks, The Skinnytaste Cookbook and Skinnytaste Fast and Slow
Note: Hi, it’s Ali! I’m currently taking time off the blog for a maternity leave. During this time, I will be featuring some of the bloggers who have inspired me – they’ve provided spiralized recipes for all of you to enjoy during my absence. I’m honored to introduce them to you if you don’t know them already – and I hope you enjoy this new series!
If you have any questions regarding this recipe or anything Inspiralized related, you can feel free to leave a comment and Meaghan, our Director of Community & Brand will get back to you! You can also reach her via e-mail – she will escalate anything urgent to me, but as I said, I will be preparing for my little one’s arrival and then, of course, enjoying time with him and my husband. You can follow me on Instagram for personal updates – on @inspiralizedali and @inspiralized. Thank you for your understanding and patience as I begin this exciting new chapter of my life!
Mediterranean Chicken Breasts with Spiralized Vegetables
- 16 oz 4 thin sliced boneless chicken cutlets
- 3/4 tsp of seasoned salt such as McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning 25% Less Sodium
- 1 small 6 oz zucchini, ends trimmed off
- 1 small 6 oz yellow squash, ends trimmed off
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3 garlic cloves sliced thin
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup of pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup of crumbled Feta cheese
- fresh juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season the chicken with Montreal seasoning (or any seasoned salt you like).
- Spiralize the Zucchini and Yellow Squash and cut into smaller pieces.
- Toss the tomatoes with 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt, pepper, and oregano. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with olive oil; roast for 10 minutes. Add sliced garlic and roast for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a large work bowl and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 200°F.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, zucchini and squash with 1/8 teaspoon salt and sauté until tender, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add to the bowl with tomatoes and place in the warm oven.
- Spray the skillet with olive oil spray and cook the chicken on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside on a platter.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven toss with Kalamata olives, juice of lemon and lemon zest.
- Serve the vegetables over the chicken and top with Feta cheese.