There are two things you should know about me:
I love breakfast. I love avocado.
Like, if you put avocado on a packing peanut, I think I could eat it. Is that weird?
If you wake up just 30 minutes earlier, you can make these, wrap them in tinfoil, bring them to work, and have your co-workers drooling over your shoulder, while you eat these healthy breakfast tacos.
I don’t know why it JUST dawned on me to make tacos and wrap them in tinfoil and save them for later, but I figured it out recently (even though I order tacos all the time on Seamless and they come wrapped in tinfoil – DOH!), but now, I’m hooked.
I made some tacos from Molly Yeh’s new cookbook, Molly On The Range (recipe coming next week!), and had leftover tortillas, so I decided to make breakfast tacos. Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal of the day, but I never take the time to assemble breakfast like this.
Usually, I have an acai bowl, a smoothie with almond butter, or avocado on toast – all take less than 10 minutes to make. Although these tacos take 30 minutes, the reward is totally worth it.
If you’re carb- conscious, serve these tacos in a bowl or as lettuce wraps. And if you prefer a little sauce on top – add salsa and ditch the pico de gallo or drizzle with a healthy ranch (like Tessemae’s.)
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 7 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Mexican-Style Breakfast Tacos with Spiralized Sweet Potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small to medium sweet potato peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1/3 cup seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white or red onion
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 eggs beaten
- 4 corn tortillas 6”
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced into 8 slivers
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add in the sweet potato noodles, season with salt, pepper, and paprika and cook for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, onion, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, and salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl and toss well. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, add the eggs and scramble.
- Once the eggs and sweet potato noodles are done, heat the tortillas – place one of the used pans back over medium-high heat and place in the tortillas, allowing to heat up, flipping once, about 30 seconds to 1 minute each.
- Assemble the tacos: lay down a taco. Add scrambled egg, sweet potato noodles, avocado slices, and tomato mixture. Repeat until all tortillas are made.