It’s all about the quick and easy, these days. I’m quickly learning that everything I cook has to be prepped and cooked in under an hour (30 minutes is better!)
I’m loving this new challenge – quick and easy recipes. Today, I made a soup in under 30 minutes, because I was craving it for lunch and had to fit it in around the baby’s feeding schedule.
What I love about this soup is that it’s made with minimal ingredients, so the prep is quick, too. AND it’s a one-pot meal, so cleanup is easy (which is also crucial when you’re pressed for time!)
This soup is a flavorful meal for those chillier days and nights when you need something salty, savory, but healthy and filling.
I love carrot noodles in soups because they absorb the liquid and fluff up to a perfect, whole wheat spaghetti-like consistency.
This soup also saves well, so make it, save it, and have it for lunch the next day!
Speaking of quick and easy – so was this blog post! The baby’s ready to wake up, so I have to run. Thanks for your patience, as I ease back into posting new recipes! It’s harder than I thought it would be, but I have lots of great recipe ideas coming your way!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 7 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Quinoa, Kale and Carrot Noodle Soup with Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- ½ red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth or use chicken broth for more flavor, if not vegetarian
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups chopped curly kale
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large carrot or 2 medium, peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the onions, garlic, celery and red pepper flakes. Cook until celery is soft. Add the vegetable broth and water and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the kale, quinoa, carrot noodles, thyme, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper, and let cook until carrot noodles are softened, 3-5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and serve.