DISCLAIMER: The posts for the next two days aren’t going to have the BEST photography – but starting Wednesday, it’ll be a whole new ballgame, so stay tuned!
Talk about a low calorie version of a high calorie favorite! Maybe it’s just me, but peanut noodles are absolutely wonderful. Peanut butter is savory and sweet at the same time and has such a yummy texture and goes well with anything – bread, fruit, chocolate and now, cucumber noodles! Although cucumbers don’t offer as much nutritionally as zucchinis, they are still great for you and the perfect consistency for replacing noodles. The peanut butter gives a creaminess to the sauce, but if you REALLY want to cut the cals, leave the peanut butter out – you’ll get a watery sauce, but it’s still super delicious! Best part…. no cooking involved!
Meatless Monday: Sesame Ginger Peanut Noodles with Edamame, Kale and Almonds
- For the sauce
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- pepper to taste
- For the rest
- 1.5 cucumber peeled, Blade C
- ¼ cup edamame beans cooked
- 1 cup of chopped kale
- ¼ cup or less of shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp of slivered or shaved almonds
- Add the edamame, kale, and carrots into a bowl with the cucumber pasta.
- Put all of the dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend. Pour the dressing into the cucumber pasta bowl and mix to combine thoroughly
- Plate onto dishes and top with slivered or shaved almonds.