Updating yet another old recipe!
Actually, when I read this recipe, it was barely in English. I was embarrassed! I’ve learned so much about recipe writing, especially after authoring two New York Times best-selling cookbooks (#humblebrag.)
Not only are these photos snazzier, the recipe is now cleaner and ready for your cooking!
This is a great ‘impress your date’ kind of meal – anytime I cook with saffron, I feel fancy. Like I’m straight out of Barcelona or something. But really, it adds so much flavor and depth to any dish. I love the way it connects the shrimp and chorizo together here and makes a fragrance and sauce for the zucchini pasta.
If you didn’t know this recipe existed, now you do – and I hope you give it a try! I’m having fun breathing back life into some of these older recipes.
This week I am going to have my head down working on my third cookbook manuscript (crazy, right?!), so I’m keeping this post short and sweet – and wish me luck this week!
Photos by Sarah Fennel
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize a zucchini using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 9 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Shrimp, Chorizo and Corn Saffron Zucchini Pasta
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 chorizo sausage sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 6 shrimp peeled, detailed and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 4 saffron threads or a small pinch
- 3 zucchinis peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley to garnish
- Place the corn in a medium saucepan, cover with water and boil. Let boil for about 2 minutes or until the corn is easily pierced with a fork. When done, pour into a colander and then scrape off the kernels with a knife over a bowl. In this bowl, place in the chili powder. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Add the chorizo to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Let cook for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Flip over and add in the garlic and sautee for another minute, stirring frequently, careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute and cook on the other side for another minute.
- Add in the vegetable broth, saffron, seasoned corn and zucchini noodles. Stir to combine and cook for about 3 minutes or until zucchini softens and heats through.
- Plate onto dishes and top with parsley!