I’ve created quite the buzz with my cantaloupe spiralizing!
I love seeing everyone’s excitement when they discover a new vegetable (or fruit!) that can be spiralized – it opens a whole new world of spiralized possibilities, like here, with the cantaloupe.
Spiralizing cantaloupe is possible (did you see last week’s post on spiralizing cantaloupe?) and today, I’m sharing a very delicious way to serve it and enjoy it as a noodle!
You want to spiralize a ripe cantaloupe – but make sure it’s not too ripe! If it’s super squishy, the noodles will be mushy. Just like you would buy any cantaloupe, press firmly on the outside and if your fingers make indents easily, it’s definitely over-ripe. If there’s a little give but it’s mostly firm, that’s a good one!
So what do you do with your spiralized cantaloupe? Try a spin on a fruit salad! Make this quinoa and walnut salad.
OR, make something perfect for sharing and feeding a crowd – or just yourself – like today’s spiralized cantaloupe and prosciutto salad. The cantaloupe is tossed together with an easy mint-lime dressing that’s lightly sweetened with honey and then served with Applegate natural prosciutto and quartered mozzarella balls.
I love using Applegate’s deli slices and meats, because I know there’s no added junk in there (like GMOs or antiobiotics), which is especially important when you’re shopping for meat products. Applegate has a great mission to inspire people to talk about where their food comes from and the impact it has on the environment, which I can really stand behind and feel proud of at the check out line.
Prosciutto and cantaloupe go together like peanut butter and jelly, so the moment I started spiralizing cantaloupe, I knew this was how I’d have to serve it. Your guests will be so impressed by your creativity – and your meat and cheese spread will never look better!
And today, we even have a video on how to serve this (but get creative and do you!):
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Applegate. However, all opinions are my own, always.
Note: I am currently on vacation in Hawaii and trying my best not to work while I’m away and enjoy the relaxation time. Meaghan will be moderating all blog comments, but if you’d like to follow along on my trip adventures, follow on Instagram.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 8 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Spiralized Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad with Mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 1 medium cantaloupe peeled
- 6 ciliegini mozzarella balls quartered
- 4 oz prosciutto I used Applegate
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, mint and season with salt and pepper.
- Set your Inspiralizer to Blade C. Load the cantaloupe onto the Inspiralizer and spiralizer until you start hitting the seeded interior. Scoop out the seeds and continue spiralizing until you yield about 4-5 cups of noodles. You can keep going and save the excess for future use or you can stop spiralizing, cube the cantaloupe (or keep whole) and save for future use.
- Add the cantaloupe noodles to the bowl along with the mozzarella and toss well to combine.
- Plate the cantaloupe salad on a serving platter and add in the prosciutto. Serve.