Today is National Garlic Day! To celebrate, I’m making a spiralized pasta dish, using Victoria Fine Foods’ Organic Toasted Garlic Sauce!
If you’ve made any of my recipes, you already know that I’m a garlic freak. As in, most of my recipes start with garlic. Blame my Italian grandparents, but I can’t get enough of it – and so it makes its way into most of my recipes.
Alongside this easy four-ingredient spiralized pasta (yes, four ingredients!), I’m also announcing my new year-long partnership with Victoria Fine Foods!
Before I get to the recipe, I want to introduce you to Victoria Fine Foods. If you don’t know of them already, they’re a company that makes jarred sauces and products that focus on fresh, real ingredients. Actually, their slogan is “ingredients come first”!
As the story goes,
“In 1929, an Italian family immigrated to Brooklyn, New York and started a business using fresh vegetables, premium ingredients, and a slow cooking process—made the way they would serve their own family.”
It’s a no-brainer that I would partner with a company such as this! I’ll be working with them for the next year, bringing you a new spiralized recipe once a month, incorporating their products. So, stock up – and follow along!
Plus, Victoria was the first major pasta sauce brand to put their ingredients on the FRONT of their label. For today’s recipe, I’ve used a sauce from their Organic line, specifically, the Toasted Garlic Sauce, but they have five varieties of Organic pasta sauces, including Organic Pomodoro, Organic Tomato Herb, Organic Arrabbiata, and Organic Garden Herb Marinara. All of these are certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project verified, and Gluten-Free!
Literally, I couldn’t make a sauce better myself – and to be honest, these days – I don’t have the time!
This recipe literally came together in 20 minutes, but if you’re not a speed-cooker like me (my mother calls me a Tasmanian Devil in the kitchen, ha!), it will take you no more than 30 minutes! It has four simple ingredients: this pasta sauce, asparagus, carrots, and shrimp!
The shrimp is simmered in the pasta sauce so that it absorbs those incredibly robust, garlic flavors and the asparagus adds a fresh, earthy spring flavor. If you can’t find carrots large enough, substitute in your favorite veggie – this sauce and ingredient combination will go with literally anything, so maybe try golden beets, zucchini and sweet potato!
I’m excited for this partnership with Victoria Fine Foods, but most importantly, I’m excited to bring you more inventive, easy, time-saving pasta recipes!
Note: Although Victoria Fine Foods sponsored this post, all opinions are my own, always.
CHECK OUT ALI’S LATEST POST ON HER LIFESTYLE BLOG, INSPIRALIZED ALI:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 6 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Spiralized Carrot Spaghetti with Shrimp and Shaved Asparagus
- 1 large carrot or 2 medium, peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1.25 cups Victoria Organic Toasted Garlic pasta sauce
- 8 asparagus spears shaved, tips reserved
- 8 ounces shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- Bring a medium pot filled halfway with water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the carrot noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes or until al dente or cooked to your preference. Drain into a colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a medium skillet over medium heat and add in the tomato sauce. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and set aside. Stir the asparagus tips into the sauce and bring to a simmer and then add in the shrimp, cover, and let cook until shrimp turn C-shaped and opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side. Add the asparagus shavings, carrot noodles and toss just to coat the carrots and asparagus shavings in the sauce, about 1 minute.
- Divide the pasta into bowls and serve, garnishing with extra pepper.