Happy Valentine’s Day!
While yes, I don’t particularly love Valentine’s Day, it’s part of my gig to post something heart shaped today and since I’m no Joy the Baker, I made a pizza!
If you’re looking for a quick meal for tonight and haven’t committed to anything yet, make this pizza. What’s more romantic than splitting a pizza together? Especially one that won’t put you in a carb coma after – it’s made of real, simple ingredients: tomato sauce, potatoes, basil, olives, and mozzarella cheese.
The sauce I used is Victoria Fine Foods’ Tomato Basil Sauce, because it’s THE BEST. But, you could use their Premium Marinara sauce, too for a less basil-y taste. Seriously, I think I have gone through 24 jars of Victoria Fine Foods sauces in the past year. The ingredients are just so clean (they’re listed on the front!), it’s the next best thing – and even better – than a homemade sauce.
And I tried my hardest to make those olive slices form a heart – you see it, right? Haha – I guess arts and crafts aren’t really my thing?
Since it is Valentine’s Day and I’m in the spirit, here’s a list of 10 things I love MOST about my handsome husband:
- His sense of humor. I don’t smile or laugh nearly as much when I’m not around him.
- That he’s just a good person. He has more compassion than I could ever imagine having – he cares about people, and wants to go above and beyond for them.
- His lips. He’s got great big lips! One day when we have kids, I hope they get his lips and not my thin Italian ones.
- His sociability. He’s just fun to be around! We can just sit on the couch for a whole weekend and come Monday, I’ll look back and say, “That was so much fun!” And when we’re out with people, he’s the life of the party – it’s great to watch him make people laugh.
- The way he cares about my family. He’s always down for a trip to visit my family and never makes a stink about the fact that we always see my family and rarely get to see his (partly because most of them live in Puerto Rico.)
- His own love for his Mom. He calls her every single day just to talk. I love hearing the inflection in his voice when he talks to his mother in Spanish.
- His honesty. He literally can’t tell a lie, he’s a very genuine and honest person. What you see is what you get.
- His pride in me and what I’ve built with Inspiralized. He always wants to help, to talk through things, and always brags about me to his business partners, his family, his friends, and even his clients.
- While Lu’s not a big grand romantic, he does little romantic things all the time and I’m not always the best at acknowledging it. He’ll call me around 7pm and say, “Okay, honey, I’m just leaving the office now, I got held up.” And I’ll be super bummed and then 10 seconds later, he opens the door into the apartment! It’s always make me happy!
- And lastly, because I can’t resist, his Colombian/Dominican butt. So cute and pinchable!
Have a sweet day – whether you’re single or taken, love yourself today, that’s what’s most important!
Note: This post was sponsored by Victoria Fine Foods. However, all my opinions are my own, always.
Now you can watch a cooking video of this recipe:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 6 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.