Inspiralized readers, meet Phoebe Lapine, the woman behind the wellness blog, Feed Me Phoebe.
Phoebe’s dishing up this Spiralized Sweet Potato Parsnip Kugel, just in time for fall-time deliciousness and the upcoming Jewish holidays like Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur!
But first, a bit more about Phoebe. Phoebe Lapine is a food and health writer, gluten-free chef, wellness personality, culinary instructor, and speaker, born and raised in New York City, where she continues to live and eat.
On her award-winning blog, Feed Me Phoebe, she shares recipes for healthy comfort food and insights about balanced lifestyle choices beyond what’s on your plate. Her forthcoming memoir, The Wellness Project, chronicles her journey with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and how she finally found the middle ground between health and hedonism by making one lifestyle change, one month at a time.
I read her book in just a week – it was an amazing and inspiring read. Phoebe has a way with words – and clearly, with food.
I hope this kugel makes your dinner table this fall and winter and thank you for your warm welcome to Phoebe here on Inspiralized!
Connect with Phoebe:
Note: Hi, it’s Ali! I’m currently taking time off the blog for a maternity leave. During this time, I will be featuring some of the bloggers who have inspired me – they’ve provided spiralized recipes for all of you to enjoy during my absence. I’m honored to introduce them to you if you don’t know them already – and I hope you enjoy this new series!
If you have any questions regarding this recipe or anything Inspiralized related, you can feel free to leave a comment and Meaghan, our Director of Community & Brand will get back to you! You can also reach her via e-mail – she will escalate anything urgent to me, but as I said, I will be preparing for my little one’s arrival and then, of course, enjoying time with him and my husband. You can follow me on Instagram for personal updates – on @inspiralizedali and @inspiralized. Thank you for your understanding and patience as I begin this exciting new chapter of my life!
Spiralized Sweet Potato Parsnip Kugel
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes 2 medium, peeled and spiralized with Blade C
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips 2 large, peeled and spiralized with Blade C
- 1 large Vidalia onion peeled and spiralized with Blade C, or thinly sliced
- 6 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for greasing pan
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet inside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the potatoes, parsnips, onion, eggs, salt and olive oil until well combined. Sprinkle in the coconut flour and baking powder and fold until just incorporated.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and brush it with olive oil. Add the potato mixture, smoothing it out so that it is as even as possible. Bake for 1 hour, or until the kugel is golden brown and crunchy on top and the center is tender.
- Cut into wedges and serve with Greek yogurt or apple sauce and chives.