Cook your steak and potatoes in foil in the oven for an easy weeknight dinner with an even easier cleanup! The potatoes are spiralized for added fun!
Typically, a “steak and potatoes” type of person is someone who doesn’t like veggies. The only veggies they have are potatoes.
Well, “steak and potatoes” types can rejoice, because we’re stepping up your game with these spiralized potatoes, cooked in steak juices in a foil packet in the oven!
Now, I totally suggest serving these steak and potatoes with another side veggie, like some brussels sprouts, broccoli, or even just a side salad. But, if you’re trying to get your meat-and-potatoes-loving spouse or friend to accept spiralizing, this is a great gateway!
The potatoes soak up the juices from the cooked steak and the foil packets are just such easy cleanup – it’s one of those easy weeknight meals that you can throw together in under 30 minutes (if you skip the marinating period – which you totally can if you’re in a time crunch!)
And you can also use parchment paper if you don’t like using foil!
Now – who’s a steak and potatoes kinda person that’s excited to try this?
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Steak and Potatoes in Foil
- 1/2 pound top sirloin steak fat trimmed, cut into 2” pieces
- ½ pound potatoes Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- to serve: vegetables as a side
- In a large bowl, place the steak, potatoes, oil, garlic, dried herbs, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine well, and leave in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Divide the steak mixture between 2 sheets of foil (about 12 x 12), then wrap the foil tightly around the mixture to form packets. Place in the oven and bake for 15-25 minutes or until cooked through to your desired doneness.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.