I’ve been secretly (and by secretly, I mean, I just haven’t been sharing my trials on social media) trying to make the perfect zucchini noodle thai salad.
I wanted a creamy almond sauce that wasn’t too sweet or too tangy. I wanted a good balance of crunch and of course, a lot of fluffy texture. I wanted something filling, that wouldn’t leave me feeling hungry 25 minutes later. I wanted a colorful bowl of noodles, packed with vegan protein.
You’re going to freak – this salad is ideal for your work week lunch: it saves well, it’s flavorful, it’s filling and it’s absolutely delicious.
Now you can watch a cooking video of this recipe:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Thai Quinoa and Zucchini Noodle Salad
- For the salad:
- 2 medium zucchinis peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 large carrot peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed (or julienned)
- 1 large bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup cooked quinoa I used red
- 2 tablespoons slivered raw almonds
- ¼ packed cup fresh cilantro
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, if gluten-free
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha or other Asian hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water to thin (or more as needed)
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor and pulse until creamy – or simply whisk together thoroughly. Taste and adjust, if necessary. Set aside.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a large mixing bowl along with the carrot, bell pepper, green onions, quinoa, almonds and cilantro. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together thoroughly.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and enjoy.
with love, Ali