What a whirlwind of a past couple of weeks it has been!
I have been doing a lot of traveling lately and last night, I said, “I’m going to let my body wake up whenever it wakes itself up.”
Fast forward five months (when we have our little baby boy!) this won’t be an option, so I’m going to take all the sleeping in I can get now!
Unfortunately, Lu woke me up around 8am, but I went right back to bed and then woke up at 10am. It felt glorious! Totally recharged.
Speaking of the baby, we’ve been looking for 2BR apartments in our building for the past three months. It has been extremely stressful, since our current lease expires on May 1 and the clock was ticking!
Luckily, we woke up this morning and found out that we got an apartment!! We finally found a 2BR in our building and will be moving into it this May. I’m so excited for the new space, the new neighbors, and the new views.
Lots to celebrate this week, including a successful event at Whole Foods this weekend in the Boston area (in Dedham, MA) – thank you to everyone who came out and supported me at the event, it was so amazing meeting many of you who follow me online. It’s always so humbling and I love hearing all of your stories!
As for this recipe, it’s an easy, flavorful, Thai-inspired zucchini noodle dish with great consistency, flavor, and nutrients. It’s one of those easy dishes where you just add dressing to the ingredients, toss, and serve!
Happy Sunday, hope you have a great end to your weekend!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 7 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Thai Zucchini Noodles
- For the salad:
- 2 medium zucchinis peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 large carrot peeled and shaved into strips
- 2 cups spiralized purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup diced green onions
- ¼ packed cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup smooth and creamy peanut butter
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1.5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, if gluten-free
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce Sriracha or other
- 2 tablespoons of water to thin (or more as needed)
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor and pulse until creamy – or simply whisk together thoroughly. Taste and adjust, if necessary. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini noodles, carrot, cabbage, green onions and cilantro. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together thoroughly.
- Divide the salad into bowls and top with peanuts. Serve.