Then, I click “update” and the entire post disappeared. I could cry.
Some days, things just don’t go your way.
- The broccoli noodles add Vitamin C and fiber to the mixing, boosting your immune system and keeping you fuller, longer.
- The broccoli noodles are easy to make (you just boil them for 2-3 minutes) and they add a nice crunchy texture to complement the otherwise soft, fluffiness of the tofu.
- In moderation, tofu is a fabulous protein source for those who aren’t carnivores.
- The yellowish (actually, looks a little neon – bad photo editing on my part) coloring comes from turmeric, a spice popular in Indian cuisines which adds coloring to the tofu to make it resemble eggs!
- If you don’t like tofu (or just don’t eat it), swap in eggs here and just scramble the eggs with the broccoli noodles for an instant breakfast!
- This dish can be easily added to – it goes great with avocado, olives, spinach, diced zucchini and more. It also loves sriracha!
Okay, now for the pictures! If you don’t care, here’s the recipe right away! If you do care, keep scrolling….
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Tofu Scramble with Broccoli Noodles
- 2 broccoli stems Blade C (florets saved for future use)
- 1 14 oz block of extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the broccoli noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes or until broccoli noodles are al dente.
- While the broccoli cooks, place the tofu on a plate lined with paper towels. Using a fork, smash the tofu until it crumbles. Blot the top with paper towels to remove as much excess moisture as possible. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the onion, garlic and peppers. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add in the cumin, stir for 1 minute and then add in the tofu, broccoli noodles, turmeric and nutritional yeast flakes. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the tofu is heated through.
- Serve warm.
My favorite picture overall, in my grandparents’ hammock in their backyard: