Get ready for meal prep-friendly spiralized meals. Meals that you can bring to work for lunch, especially.
If you haven’t read my post about meal prepping with spiralized veggies, read it here.
Now, let’s get to our first “packable” spiralized recipe, a high-protein, refreshing salad with cucumber noodles.
I actually originally got the idea for this salad, based off a recipe I found in Cooking Light magazine. They had a “Tuna-Quinoa Toss” salad with green beans that I immediately wanted for lunch.
So, what’s a girl to do? Multi-task by turning the dish into something #inspiralized, so I could share it with you all! Plus, everything’s better when it’s spiralized anyways, don’tchya think?
You may notice that the cucumber noodles release moisture the longer they sit. If you’re meal-prepping, to avoid a soupy mess, don’t pour the dressing over the noodles when you pack it away. When you go to eat, just toss the container together and enjoy.
This original recipe in Cooking Light called for feta and green beans, which would be another welcome addition, but this way, it’s easier to prep, a bit healthier, and more fun to make!
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize a zucchini using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 10 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Tuna, Avocado and Quinoa Salad with Spiralized Cucumber
- For the dressing:
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the rest:
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ½ avocado peeled, pitted, cubed
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 oz can solid white albacore tuna in water
- ½ large seedless/English cucumber Blade D, noodles trimmed
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk.
- Combine the quinoa, chickpeas, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and tuna in a medium bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide the cucumber noodles into bowls and top with tuna-quinoa mixture. Serve.