After the crazy overnight success (ha!) that my Chicken Sausage, Sweet Potato Noodle and Brussels Sprouts bake was, I figured I better deliver you all another easy skillet meal.
And this one does not disappoint – it’s a quick, skillet meal that’s great for busy weeknights and best of all, it saves well as leftovers OR beforehand, as a meal prep meal.
The key to saving time here is steaming your veggies. Once you get that out of the way, it all happens in one pot – you brown the turkey meat and add in the seasonings and steamed veggies, top with mozz, and voila – a healthy meal on the table.
The garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper are the only seasonings you need here – it’s one of those dishes you cook and you’re like, “How does this taste so good, there’s only, like, 5 ingredients?” Cooking doesn’t have to be fancy to taste good!
If you don’t eat meat, you can swap in quinoa or crumble some pre-cooked tofu.
This week, I’m traveling so much and kinda freaking out about it. I’m in upstate NY now (have been since Sunday) and then on Wednesday night, I leave for Florida because I’m going on HSN again! This week is pretty much the most time I’ve spent away from the baby since he’s been born!
But you know what? It’s good for me and him, so I’m trying not to stress too much about it. It’s healthy for us.
Anyway – I’m going on HSN on Thursday, October 18th and the Inspiralizer will be $24.95!! You can watch live and purchase live or purchase on their website, here. Wish me luck – and get some early holiday shopping done!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Turkey, Broccoli and Carrot Noodle Bake
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Steam the broccoli until fork tender (about 7 minutes) and then steam the carrot noodles until wilted (about 5 minutes). You can do them at the same time in a steamer basket, but the carrot noodles will finish first and the broccoli will just be crunchier – but it’s a great time saver.
- Heat the oil in a large 10” skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the ground turkey and season with oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Break up with a spoon and let cook for 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink inside. Add garlic and let cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the broccoli and carrot noodles and toss well to combine. Top with mozzarella cheese and cover the skillet with a lid until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes. Serve.