Ever since my girl Gina over at Skinnytaste posted these watermelon pizzas, I knew I wanted to do something fun with watermelon too.
Watermelon has such a refreshing taste, it’s perfect to be sprinkled with flavorful toppings, like bacon and this Greek yogurt “ranch.”
And if you’re like me, I always end up with wasted watermelon in the refrigerator, because it’s impossible to eat a whole watermelon quickly enough! This is your solution!
If you are using a full watermelon, just follow the recipe and then cube the leftovers and save them in the refrigerator – or make them into popsicles, watermelon margaritas, or whatever! Watermelon is so refreshing and healthy in the summertime, there’s no shortage of reasons to use it up.
This Greek yogurt ranch is much lighter and gives a healthy burst of protein and calcium to this salad and adds a creamy, tart kick to each fresh bite of watermelon.
The quick-pickled onions are super easy to make and they’re my favorite to top on salads, burgers, and especially avocado toast. You can keep them in the refrigerator for 3-5 days and they’ll maintain their freshness, so go ahead and make a big batch and save it up! They’re pickled with apple cider vinegar, salt, and honey.
You’ll impress your friends, guests, and loved ones with these wedge salads! After all, Inspiralized is all about thinking outside the box and eating healthfully and creatively, right?
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 10 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Watermelon Wedge Salads with Greek Yogurt Ranch and Quick-Pickled Onions
- For the pickled onions:
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1.5 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 red onion peeled, Blade A, noodles trimmed
- For the salad:
- 5-6 strips bacon
- 1.5 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 watermelon wedges about ¼ of a large watermelon
- 1 pint Zima tomatoes quartered
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, and salt. Add the onions, toss and set aside. Toss the onions every 5 minutes as you continue with the recipe.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the bacon slices and let cook for 5 minutes or until very crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Crumble the bacon into bacon bits.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, oil, lemon juice, parsley, dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion, black pepper, chives and salt. Mix together well.
- Place a watermelon wedge on a plate. Top with a dollop of the yogurt ranch. Top with bacon bits, tomatoes, and pickled onions.