These healthy, vegetarian and gluten-free waffles are made of just two ingredients – egg and spiralized zucchini or, zoodles!
Okay, okay, so this isn’t really a waffle. It’s more like an omelette in a waffle – a waffled omelette. Is that such a thing? If it’s not, I’m making it a thing – because I love waffling things.
Omelettes are more time and labor intensive, anyway – why not just pour it all in a waffle iron? With these spiralized Zucchini Noodle Egg Waffles, you sneak veggies easily into your breakfast!
Plus, they look cool, right?
For picky toddler eaters, these may be a saving grace too! Try slicing them into strips for ease of eating, if you’re feeding little ones!
OR, melt a slice of cheese on top of these waffles and place them between two pieces of toast spread with mashed avocado for a waffle egg sandwich with zucchini noodles!
The options are endless with these zoodle egg waffles, and I hope they inspire you to sneak spiralized veggies into your diet more often!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Zucchini Noodle Egg Waffle
- 1 egg
- 1 small zucchini Blade D, noodles trimmed
- to serve: avocado tomatoes, salad, breakfast potatoes, toast, hot sauce!
- Preheat a Belgian waffle iron.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl. Add the zucchini noodles.
- Once the waffle iron is preheated, pack the zucchini noodle mixture into one of the cavities. Pour over any eggs that remain in the bowl. Close the waffle iron and cook until ready (browned on the outsides and all eggs have set and firmed up.)
- Serve with your favorite breakfast accompaniments!