This morning, Lu and I vowed to have an extremely focused and clean week. It’s a much needed resolution after an indulgent – but fun – weekend.
Don’t you love starting the week off with a positive intention? Setting intentions can be really powerful.
So how do you set intentions? Well, that can come in many different forms, but I personally love to write them down on a little colorful notebook pad and keep them right next to my monitor where I can see them clearly. Then, I read them aloud and declare them as intentions.
Sounds corny, but it’s effective – trust me!
This morning, I wrote: “This is going to be a healthy, productive week. Be confident and proud. You have all the tools to conquer this week – so get to work!”
If you don’t believe me, check out my Snapchat.
I guess this is my form of meditation? I’ll look at this intention every day and it’ll remind me of my focus. And for a bit more motivation this morning:
And we only have two more weeks of veganism on the blog! I mean, I post vegan recipes a lot, but April 1st will conclude my vegan month – which also happens to be my birthday. Turning 29.
Today’s recipe was inspired by my friend Gena from The Full Helping – she posted a recipe of a roasted sweet potato stuffed with tandoori chickpeas and a tahini drizzle and I had to wipe up the drool.
So, thanks to Gena for the recipe inspiration! This one uses carrot noodles and a modified tahini drizzle! This dish can be a light lunch, an appetizer to a big meal, or dinner.
And if you can’t find carrots large enough to spiralize, you can substitute in other veggies, like sweet potato, butternut squash, or rutabaga!
Now… what are your intentions for the week? Let me know in the comments and then check in on Friday – hopefully you’ll make yourself proud!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 6 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
- For the chickpeas:
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 14.5oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- For the tahini drizzle:
- ¼ cup tahini
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons water, to thin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the carrot noodles:
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the tandoori chickpeas into a medium bowl and stir to combine. Spread the chickpeas out on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until almost crispy.
- Meanwhile, place all of the ingredients for the tahini drizzle into a bowl and stir to combine until creamy. Taste and adjust if necessary and set aside.
- Place a medium pot filled halfway with water to a boil. Meanwhile, peel and spiralize the carrots with Blade D and trim the noodles. Once the water is boiling, add the carrot noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes or until al dente or cooked to your preference. Drain into a colander.
- Divide the carrot noodles into bowls and top with chickpeas and then tahini drizzle. Garnish with cilantro.