Easy Three Bean Zucchini Macaroni Salad
This easy three bean “macaroni” salad is the perfect addition to your summer barbecue menu and, it will impress your guests with the spiralized factor. Spiralized vegetables always do that, don’t they?
I’ve dubbed this a macaroni salad, because it uses thick half-moon shaped zucchini noodles which mostly resemble macaroni. Plus, the shape of the noodles make it more servable to large groups of people.
To get that macaroni shape, you need to slice the zucchini lengthwise, only slicing through half of the vegetable (this is important, because if you spiralize more than halfway through, it won’t spiralize properly.) Here’s a video on exactly how to use this method to yield macaroni style zucchini slices.
And if you’re wondering if you can prep this in advance, yes, you can – just give the salad a good toss before serving. The dressing will soften the zucchini noodles up, but I don’t recommend prepping this dish more than a day in advance. It lasts about 2 good days in the refrigerator!
Here are some other tasty zucchini pasta salads you may enjoy:
- Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad
- Southwestern Avocado Zucchini Salad
- Grilled Corn and Avocado Zucchini Salad
- Zucchini Noodle Salad with Balsamic Tofu
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize a zucchini using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Easy Three Bean Zucchini “Macaroni” Salad
- For the salad:
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper Blade A, noodles chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Slice the zucchinis halfway through lengthwise, careful not to pierce through the center. Then, spiralizer them with Blade C. Add the zucchini and the rest of the ingredients for the salad in the large mixing bowl with the dressing and toss well to coat and combine. Let rest for 10 minutes, toss again, and serve or refrigerate.