Anytime I’m looking for a quick, tasty and healthy lunch, I make the same thing: zucchini noodles and basil pesto, especially in the summertime.
I top the noodles with chickpeas, tomatoes, and avocado. With today’s version, the pesto already has avocado in it, so it takes even less prep time and makes for such a heart healthy dish, it may become your new go-to as well!
Today’s recipe is actually another one that’s not mine (yesterday’s was not mine either – it was from the new Whole30 cookbook!)
This delicious bowl of zucchini noodles was created by the lovely ladies from the new Healthy Glow Collective. I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know the founders (Lee from Fit Foodie Finds and Monique from Ambitious Kitchen) through the virtual blogosphere and in-real-life at blogger events.
These girls have created an approachable, easy-to-follow 6-week Healthy Glow Guide, designed to make you feel nourished, satisfied, and happy. Their guide is divided into three parts:
- Weekly Meal Plans and Workouts: Introductory info on how to use the Guide, get involved with the community as well as comprehensive meal plans, grocery lists and workouts organized by week.
- Recipes and Nutrition Appendix: 85+ recipes corresponding to each item in the meal plan and a complete breakdown of nutrition information by recipe. We’re excited to share that the majority of our recipes are naturally gluten-free! We’ve also included icons to help users identify gluten-free and dairy-free recipes to suit their individual dietary preferences.
- Exercise Library: Step-by-step breakdown of all exercises featured in the weekly workouts for users who need more detailed instruction.
Most importantly, it was created by real girls, who eat, drink, and live their life to the fullest – and they’ve put together what I believe to be is a very relatable program towards refreshing yourself.
If you’re the type who likes to follow programs, try this one out! I’m a member of their private Facebook community and it’s amazing to see all the love from all the girls that have joined this program – it’s so inspiring, sometimes I just scroll through it for personal motivation!
And of course, any guide that includes a meal like this is Inspiralized-approved 🙂
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Avocado Basil Pesto Zucchini Noodles
- 2 medium zucchini ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice from 1 small lemon
- 3 tablespoons water plus more if necessary
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- Use a julienne peeler, mandolin or spiralizer and spiralize the zucchini into noodles. Add noodles to a large bowl.
- Add basil, avocado, garlic, pine nuts and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until pesto is chopped. Add in water and process again until completely smooth. You may need to add more water to get it to your desired consistency; I like mine a little on the thicker side. Transfer to a bowl with the zucchini noodles and toss the noodles until they are well coated. Top with tomatoes. Serve room temperature or chilled.
- Store in an airtight container or sealed mason jar and refrigerate. Pesto is best if used within a few days, otherwise you can freeze it for several months.