I can’t believe it’s time to say this, but this is the last new recipe of 2016.
There will be no more new recipes until 2017.
So, what better way to end 2016 than with some bacon and zucchini noodles?
I’m not going to get too into 2016, because I’ll be doing that in a New Year’s resolutions post next week. But, let’s just say that it’s been a fabulous year and I feel extremely grateful for everything that’s gone down in the past year.
Many of you have ben asking for easy, quick recipes – and I’m trying my best to deliver! 2017 will be the year of easy, simple, delicious recipes that don’t take much time and save well.
We’re talking bring-to-work lunches, freezable meals, slow-cooker meals – you’ll have a fridge full of spiralized meals!
Today’s soup is amazing for two reasons 1) it takes less than 30 minutes to make and 2) BACON.
The bacon delivers most of the flavor in this soup, but the zucchini noodles add a nice crunch, and the white beans add an extra protein and consistency.
While it’s tough to freeze zucchini noodle soups (the noodles release moisture and “thin out” the broth), this one is so rich with flavor from the salty bacon, it works!
However, I don’t think you’ll be willing to freeze it – you’ll want to eat it right away!
Tomorrow will be a new cooking video and then you won’t hear from me until the holiday weekend. Remember to tag your recipes #inspiralized – and for everyone hoping to receive an Inspiralizer for Christmas or Hanukkah, make sure you check back to the blog next week – we’re going to have LOTS of great starter content for those just starting to spiralize!
I can’t wait for more people to spiralize in 2017!
Gift The Inspiralizer
If you’re still shopping for gifts for family and friends, remember that the Inspiralizer is the perfect healthy gift to give (along with the cookbooks!) The Inspiralizer is available on Amazon Prime, for those last minute shoppers.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 5 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Bacon and White Bean Zucchini Noodle Soup
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 large carrot peeled, diced
- 1 celery rib diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 14.5 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini Blade D, noodles trimmed
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan heats, add the bacon and cook until crispy, about 10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour all of the bacon grease out of the pan into a bowl and set aside. Place a large pot over medium-high heat and once heated, pour in a tablespoon of the reserved bacon grease.
- Add the celery, carrots, and onion. Cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and let cook another 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and stir around to coat the vegetables. Add the broth, water, remaining bacon grease, bay leaf, thyme and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove the bay leaves, add in the white beans and zucchini noodles and cook for 5 minutes or until the zucchini softens to your preference.
- Divide the soup into bowls and top with the bacon, crumbling as you go. Garnish with parsley and serve.