There’s something extremely comforting about lazily waking up on a weekend, heading to a local brunch spot and starting the day off with a spicy, horseradish-y Bloody Mary.
Whether you’re planning on a Sunday Funday, hosting friends for brunch, recovering from the night before, or just want a cocktail to accompany your spiralized frittata, I have an easy and fun Bloody Mary recipe for you today that uses spiralized pickles as a garnish/ingredient!
Not only are these spiralized pickles an impressive garnish, they add a tangy kick that complements the spiciness of this famous morning cocktail.
The spiralized pickles become infused with the horseradishy tomato sauce and are an extra treat while you’re drinking the Bloody.
Not only is this cocktail a vision, it’s also delicious, thanks to the high-quality marinara sauce used from Victoria Fine Foods. By using this healthy marinara sauce, you’ll enjoy not only the flavors from the horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, pickles, and vodka, but your ingredients will pop with this sauce.
You’ll want to use the celery to dip in the Bloody, this cocktail’s so flavored packed!
One of my New Year’s resolutions was to use some of the fun cocktail tools that we received as wedding gifts. We’re such wine people, we rarely make cocktails – but from what I’ve learned after concocting this Bloody Mary is that making cocktails is an art – much similar to baking. The right combination of flavors and ratios of alcohol to mixers can yield some pretty incredible flavors!
I can’t wait to see all of your spiralized pickles on Bloody Marys this summer!
Note: This post was sponsored by Victoria Fine Foods, and all opinions are my own, always.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 8 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Bloody Mary Cocktail with Spiralized Pickles
- 1 jar marinara sauce Victoria Fine Foods Organic
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish peel first
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce I use Frank’s
- 36 ounces vodka 4.5 cups
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 celery ribs
- 6 medium large kosher dill pickles Blade A
- In a large pitcher or bowl, stir together marinara, water, horseradish, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fill a glass about a quarter of the way with ice and pour over desired amount of vodka (I suggest 2 jiggers, or 3oz per drink.) Fill the glass 3/4 of the way with the prepared mixer. Stir and garnish with cracked black pepper, 1 celery stalk, and the spiralized pickles.