Let me tell you about my day (so far.)
We woke up at 7:15am to our couch delivery announcing that they will be there in 20 minutes. Yay – we’re so excited to be redecorating our living room and the couch is going to be a great piece to kick off the new decor.
We rush out of bed, make coffee and get ready. Last night, around 11:30pm, we moved out our old couch and brought it downstairs to the loading dock area for all of the trash and discarded furniture.
The delivery guys knock on the door. We open – hi, hi, we’re so excited!
And then…. the guys give our ceilings one look and say, “This couch isn’t going to make it into this apartment.”
So, we run downstairs, get one piece from the old couch, bring it back upstairs, get it back into our apartment and now, here we are. Total bummer.
And yes, this time we took all the necessary measurements to make sure it’ll fit into our apartment.
Next, I needed an idea for the blog today, and I had all these meal prepped spiralized vegetables (FROM THE NEW MEAL PLANS I LAUNCHED ON FRIDAY!), and Lu and I needed to eat breakfast anyway, so I made this quick and easy frittata – with feta for a salty savory kick and butternut squash noodles for sweetness. And of course, there’s some kale in there – because, kale.
I love this frittata because it’s perfect for two!
Things are looking up for us now – a healthy, fueling breakfast and now we’re off to the city to stop by The Sill and find a plant for our new potter and to West Elm/Crate and Barrel to find a new couch.
Nothing’s ever easy, is it?
And for those of you who bought the meal plans this weekend, make sure to share your meal prep pictures on Instagram with the hashtag #inspiralized so that we can see and regram our favorites!
Also, I’m working on taking more “process photos” (per some reader suggestions), so here’s what the frittata looks like in-the-making:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 7 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Mini Spiralized Butternut Squash and Feta Frittata
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packed cup curly kale chopped
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cup butternut squash Blade D noodles about 1/4 of a small peeled butternut squash
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons well-crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese, or omit if dairy-free
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the kale, garlic and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until kale is mostly wilted and place in an 8” oven-safe skillet. Then, in the skillet used to cook the kale, add in the butternut squash noodles and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Toss and cook for 5 minutes or until noodles are mostly wilted. Place the cooked noodles into the 8” skillet and make sure the kale and noodles are evenly distributed in the skillet.
- While the butternut squash cooks, stir in the feta to the beaten eggs. Pour the eggs evenly over the frittata and season with pepper. Let cook for 1 minute or until eggs set on the bottom.
- Bake the 8” skillet frittata for 10-13 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and edges are lightly brown and when pierced with a toothpick, the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and divide into four slices.