I think we all go through stages where we love buffalo sauce and want to pour it on everything – veggies, tacos, potatoes, meats, whatever. The spice is addicting!
I’ve made a similar version of this (Buffalo Cauliflower and White Bean Quinoa Bake) and it was such a hit, I figured I’d make another version that’s a bit more hearty, using chickpeas and sweet potatoes!
Sweet potatoes soak up the buffalo sauce, so every bite has a burst of buffalo. Also, I find that chickpeas roast and become potato like, making this even starchier.
It’s the perfect game day food! Cauliflower has a meaty texture and along with the sweet potatoes and chickpeas, it’s a vegetarian favorite but will also turn the heads of meat eaters.
You can make this completely vegan by removing the cheddar cheese (it’s not necessary) and using a plant based ranch dressing.
Buffalo Cauliflower and Chickpea Sweet Potato Quinoa Skillet
- 1 1/4 cups buffalo sauce plus more to drizzle
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 12 ounces small cauliflower florets
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 cooked cups quinoa
- 2 large celery ribs sliced into half moons
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup ranch dressing to drizzle
- 2 avocados peeled and pitted
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bottom of a large bowl, add half of the buffalo sauce. Add the sweet potato, cauliflower, and chickpeas and toss until fully coated. Lay the vegetables and chickpeas out on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25 to30 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender. Set the large bowl aside.
- In the same large bowl, add the quinoa, celery, and the cheddar cheese and toss to combine. Set aside. Once the veggies and chickpeas are done cooking, immediately add it to the bowl with the quinoa mixture and remaining buffalo sauce and toss to combine so that the cheese melts into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into bowls and top with ranch and avocado. Serve.