One of my blogger idols, friends, and female inspirations is the lovely Gina from the popular blog, Skinnytaste.
I love when I share something from Gina’s blog and I see comments like, “My two favorite bloggers!” or, “I just meal planned with both of your cookbooks!”
Gina’s the absolute sweetest and best at what she does and today, her second cookbook comes out, Skinnytaste: Fast and Slow!
The cookbook is filled with amazing recipes (literally, I want to make all of them – and that’s rare for a cookbook!) that are either slow-cooker meals or fast, under 30 minute meals. The cookbook is perfect for the busy person looking to cook healthy without spending hours in the kitchen.
Gina’s a New York Times best-selling author and honestly, one of the sweetest people I’ve ever been around. She’s supportive, genuine, and lifts people up around her. I love her, and I’m so happy to share a recipe from her new cookbook.
Much to my enjoyment, there’s an entire chapter dedicated to pasta and “faux pastas”, like spaghetti squash and spiralized veggies! I figured I’d start in this chapter, and I wasn’t disappointed – there were so many delicious, easy recipes, but in the end, I chose a seasonal one: Butternut Squash Noodles with Pancetta and Poached Egg.
The runny egg creates a creamy sauce for this butternut squash pasta. The pancetta has a wonderful sweetness that really complements the inherent sweetness in the butternut squash. Topped with a little cheese to melt into the runny yolk sauce and voila: a healthy, flavor-packed dinner in under 30 minutes!
Congratulations to Gina on her new cookbook, Skinnytaste: Fast and Slow, and I hope you all grab a copy too!
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize a butternut squash using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 11 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Butternut Squash Noodles with Pancetta and Poached Egg
- Olive oil spray such as Bertolli or a mister
- 20 ounces spiralized butternut squash, made with the thick setting
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ounces pancetta chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400®F. Light mist 2 large baking sheets with oil.
- Divide the butternut squash noodles between the prepared baking sheets and toss each 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Roast until soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to poach the eggs, fill the large deep skillet with 1 1/2 to 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat until it holds a simmer. Crack the eggs into individual bowls. One at a time, gently slide the eggs into the simmering water. Using a spoon, gently nudge the egg whites toward the yolks. Cook 2 to 3 minutes for a semi-soft yolk or 3 to 4 minutes for a firmer yolk. Using a slotted spoon or spatula, transfer the eggs one at a time to paper towels to drain.
- In a large skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat, stirring, until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, add the roasted butternut squash noodles, and stir in the Romano and parsley.
- To serve, divide the noodles between 2 plates and top each with a poached egg. Season with more pepper, if desired, and serve.