Step up your breakfast game with these Freezer Breakfast Burritos, packed with veggies, protein, and flavor! They’re meal prep friendly, reheat easily, and can be enjoyed on-the-go.
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
If your mornings are packed, you travel a lot, and tend to eat the same things for breakfast and are bored of the same old routine, look no further than these Freezer Breakfast Burritos.
After dining out at a local restaurant, ordering a breakfast burrito, and being extremely disappointed (it was like biting into a flavorless wrap with soggy but dry eggs), I decided to make my own breakfast burritos. There’s nothing worse than ordering a wrap meal and it being mostly wrap and very few “stuffings.”
Fluffy eggs, fajita-spiced spiralized bell peppers and onions, salsa, black beans, and the tiniest sprinkling of cheese make these burritos hearty and enjoyable. Every bite is filling, you get a little bit of everything in every bite, and they’re packed with all healthy, nourishing ingredients.
These wraps are easy to assemble – just prepare all of your ingredients, line them up, and take a few minutes to wrap, wrap up in foil, freeze, and have six packed burritos for future breakfasts!
If you’re traveling, pop these in the microwave for 4-5 minutes or in the toaster oven for 10-15 minutes and then re-wrap them in foil and bring them with you on-the-go so by the time you’re ready to enjoy, they’ve cooled off. Just pack some napkins, because there is some moisture released when you reheat!
Serve them with some sliced avocado, if you’re at home, and voila – a restaurant quality breakfast burrito in minutes!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell peppers Blade A, noodles well trimmed
- 1 green bell pepper Blade A, noodles well trimmed
- 1 large red onion Blade A, noodles trimmed
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 6 10 ” tortillas
- ¾ cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend or just a shredded Pepperjack or cheddar will do
- 3/4 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup salsa I used green salsa
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the peppers and onions and toss. Season with chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper and toss well. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until peppers are al dente and somewhat wilted. Transfer the peppers to a bowl or plate and immediately add in the eggs and scramble. Remove from heat. For best results, let the eggs and peppers cool to room temperature before starting the next step (assembling the burritos.)
- Assemble your burritos: tear off 6 squares of aluminum foil large enough to roll up the burrito. Have all of your ingredients nearby for easy assembly. Place a tortilla on top of a piece of foil. Sprinkle cheese onto the tortilla. Top with a handful of bell peppers, followed by scrambled eggs, black beans, and salsa.
- Roll the burrito tightly by folding the sides over the filling, then rolling tightly from the bottom up. Wrap the burrito tightly in the aluminum foil. Repeat this with the remaining tortillas and filling ingredients.
- For best results, freeze the burritos in a single layer on a baking sheet. Once frozen, you can transfer to a gallon sized zip-top freezer bag.
- To reheat, unwrap and warm in oven at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes (or use a microwave on high for 4-5 minutes.)