Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Noodle Muffins
Whether you enjoy these as a breakfast or snack, drizzled with nut or seed butter, or as a proper dessert, you’re going to love the simply sweet flavors of these Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Noodle Muffins.
Using spiralized zucchini is a much easier way to basically shred zucchini – you just spiralize the zucchini in seconds and then finely chop the noodles on a cutting board before adding them to your batter mix. Shredding a zucchini is more time consuming and I always manage to scuff my knuckles!
These save well, freeze well, and reheat well. They’re one of those desserts you not only enjoy eating, but feel great about, because you’re packing in the nutrients from vegetables! And the zucchini adds a nice moistness to these gluten-free treats and the walnuts pack a welcomed crunch in every bite.
Amp up the chocolate factor by drizzling these muffins with some extra melted chocolate chips, or stir in a tablespoon or two of cacao powder.
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize a zucchini using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Noodle Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 ripe banana well mashed
- 1 medium zucchini Blade D, noodles well trimmed
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ cup walnuts well chopped
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips I use Enjoylife
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- ?Insert liners into a muffin tray with 12 muffin cavities.
- ?In a medium bowl, add in the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- ?In another medium bowl, mix the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond milk, coconut oil and banana together.
- ?Add the dry ingredients to the wet and add in the zucchini and stir until the batter is smooth. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips and stir.
- ?Pour the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you pierce the center of a muffin.
- ?Pop the muffins out by pulling on the parchment paper tabs.