These pork meatballs are perfect for baby-led-weaning or toddler food – easy to grab, freezer friendly, and gluten-free friendly! These tasty meatballs are packed with apples and cheddar for flavor and moistness.
The first meat I ever gave Luca was pork. I made him pork tenderloin that was surprisingly juicy and not too tough, but I could never quite get the tenderloin right. It’s a big too tough for little baby gums.
But meatballs – now that’s a different story!
If you’re a meatball over and eat pork, you must make these meatballs for you – and baby!
These go great over some Parmesan pasta or with some steamed broccoli! They’re super flavorful thanks to the cheddar cheese and have a slight sweetness, thanks to the apple!
They freeze well and you can build them into so many different types of meals!
Gluten Free Pork, Apple and Cheddar Meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 small apple grated
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork, cheese, almond flour, apple, onion, parsley, egg, and season with garlic powder and pepper. Shape into 12 large meatballs and arrange on the baking sheet. Broil the meatballs until golden and cooked through, 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving, they firm up more. Let cool completely before freezing.