These vegan breadsticks are baby led weaning friendly, easy to grab, and packed with protein and vegetables, made from chickpea flour.
If you’ve ever had socca, you may recognize this recipe. Socca is made from two ingredients (as are these breadsticks!) – just water and chickpea flour. It creates a firm but soft-enough-for-babies flatbread that can be transformed into food for baby – and adults!
These chickpea breadsticks are made with broccoli, chickpea flour, and water. They’re great for baby, because they pack a great nutritional punch: protein, iron, and vitamins like B-6.
Luca gobbled these up – and they can be cut into whatever shapes you like! And stir in some extra spices or seasonings to amp up the flavor.
I served these to him with some veggie marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese for a calcium boost, extra veggies and great flavor. He loved those too!
However you enjoy these breadsticks, I’m sure they’ll be a hit! They’re freezer friendly too, just make sure you divide the layers with parchment paper, because they stick easily together.
Vegan Broccoli Chickpea Breadsticks
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour chickpea flour
- 2.5 cups water
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir the flour and water together in a large bowl well, making sure the flour mixes with the water and there aren't any pockets of flour. This will take a few minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli florets and garlic powder to combine. Pour the mixture into a half sheetpan. Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and firm. The longer the breadsticks cool for, the firmer they get, so keep that in mind in case yours seem gooey or too soft. Cut into preferred shapes and sizes (get creative with cookie cutters!) Serve or freeze.