An easy tofu and vegetable curry that’s appropriate for baby led weaning and the whole family.
There are certain flavors that we’ve found that Luca loves (and doesn’t love, for that matter) and curry is one of the ones he loves!
So naturally, I’ve tried to make as many curry-seasoned foods for Luca as possible without going overboard. Everything in moderation!
This easy Tofu and Vegetable Curry was a hit with Luca – he loved picking up the vegetables (they’re just tender enough!) and eating them.
We loved this recipe as parents – we just stirred in a little salt after serving Luca’s!
Tofu and Vegetable Curry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 medium white onion sliced
- 1/2 zucchini chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 15oz can coconut milk
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth low sodium
- to serve: brown rice or quinoa
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Once oil melts, add garlic and ginger and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the bell peppers, onions, green beans, zucchini, and stir well. Let cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to turn tender. Season with curry powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender and curry thickens.
- Once the curry is done, stir in tofu.
- Divide the curry into two bowls with half the quinoa and garnish with cilantro.