Congratulations to my friend Megan (aka The Detoxinista) whose second cookbook, No Excuses Detox, publishes today!
I had the pleasure of meeting Megan last year on a blogging trip and she’s absolutely one of the sweetest humans I’ve ever met. So kind, humble, and really passionate about helping people live their healthiest lives.
Today, I’m sharing a recipe straight from her new cookbook!
What I love most about this recipe is that it a) saves well, b) is packed with protein, c) is easy to make and d) is versatile – you can pack it in a whole wheat pita or wrap and have it as a sandwich (maybe with a little hummus and avocado) or you can enjoy it just as is – like a salad!
The dressing is simple and fresh, made with lemon juice – and I personally love the veggies spiralized, instead of chopped. It gives it more flair – and texture! The fresh herbs and olives give it that Mediterranean taste, too.
If you’re looking for a new cookbook to try, there are a lot of basic, healthy recipes in Megan’s new book, No Excuses Detox!
I hope everyone had a great long holiday weekend! I’m itching for a big trip somewhere. We’re looking at Bermuda and Hawaii – has anyone been?
We’re looking to go in May and worried that Bermuda will be too cold, but we’re SUCH clear-blue-water beach people (I blame it on living on the East coast and always traveling to the Caribbean) and the beaches in Hawaii just seem underwhelming. Is that crazy to think?!
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize a bell pepper using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize a cucumber using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 10 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Spiralized Veggies
- 2 cups quinoa rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup minced green onions white and green parts
- ½ red onion Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cucumber Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 10 to 15 olives chopped (such as Castelvetrano)
- In a saucepan, combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Cover and lower the heat, cooking until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Add the cooked quinoa and toss in the dressing to coat well. Add the green onion, red onion, dill, parsley, cucumber, bell pepper, and olives, and toss well to combine. Allow the mixture to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving. This salad may be served cold or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.