Here’s the story about these apple strings: basically, I had the idea for these for awhile, but I never thought they were really “worthy” of a blog post, because they seemed so simple and effortless.
Well, after featuring them on Instagram stories, all of the “oohs” and “ahhs” warranted me to share the actual recipe, no matter how simple it is!
And hey, these are simple, but they’re certainly delicious!
I used to always love getting caramel apples around Halloween, but I never really enjoyed them, because they were a pain to eat – they were hard to bite into, super sticky, and hard to “just have a little.”
I love chocolate covered fruit, and the apple doesn’t get enough love – it’s usually the strawberry or banana.
Well, today, I’m giving apples a LOT of love and smothering them in chocolate. The toppings are up to you, I just wanted to show you the actual method of making these.
Here are some topping suggestions:
- Coconut flakes (as in the pictures)
- Pretzels and sea salt (as in the pictures)
- Raisins and almonds
- Nut butter and sea salt
- Pistachios and raisins
- Chopped peppermints
I used my favorite non-dairy chocolate chips, Enjoy Life chocolate – it melts easily and tastes just as good as the real deal.
These are great to serve for dessert and are definitely kid-friendly! No matter which way you decide to top them, you’re going to love these chocolate spiralized apple strings. Next up? Pear strings!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 8 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Chocolate Spiralized Apple Strings
- 3 apples of choice I used Gala and Honeycrisp
- 10 oz Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips or chocolate of choice
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spiralize the apples with Blade C and lay out the noodles into an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small pot over medium heat and start stirring once the pot heats up and stir until chocolate melts evenly and smooth.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the apple noodles. Top with desired toppings. Freeze for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight. Serve frozen.