Shrimp is one of the easiest proteins to cook – and one of the quickest!
I love adding shrimp into bowl meals, pastas, and salads for a quick boost of protein and flavor. Best of all, shrimp don’t need much seasoning – just a pinch of garlic powder, salt, and pepper and the flavor is great!
This salad is packed with veggies, protein, healthy fats, and is easy to make, perfect for quick weeknight dinners or weekend lunches.
The star of this salad is the Greek yogurt ranch dressing. Instead of using mayo, I’m substituting with Greek yogurt. The yogurt creates a creamy consistency that coats the refreshing cucumber noodles and crunchy romain lettuce. The sauce is made with yogurt and dried herbs. You won’t miss traditional ranch!
The cucumber noodles make this salad much fluffier and more satisfying. If you’ve ever eaten a salad and at the end, all that’s left is cubed cucumbers, you get it. Who wants that? The cucumber noodles here add so much depth to this dish!
To make this come together even more quickly, prep the dressing in advance and then just assemble the salad while you cook the shrimp and toss with the dressing!
We’re celebrating our four-year anniversary all week! In celebration, I’m doing a big giveaway! THREE winners will each win the following:
- The set of 3 Inspiralized Greeting Cards
- An Inspiralized sticker
- BOTH Inspiralized cookbooks
- The Inspiralizer
- A personal note from me!
To enter to win, all you need to do is comment on this blog post with your FAVORITE thing about Inspiralized! Perhaps it’s a recipe, a social media channel, something you love about spiralizing in general, or perhaps it’s the Inspiralized Facebook Community. You can also get extra points for following Inspiralized on social, just use the widget below to enter- giveaway open to US residents only, ends at 5pm EST on Friday, June 30:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 6 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Cucumber Noodle Caesar Salad with Shrimp + 4 Year Blogiversary
- For the shrimp and salad:
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 English seedless cucumber Blade A, noodles trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp deveined, shells on
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, sliced thinly
- For the Caesar dressing*:
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- optional: 2 anchovy fillets mashed (or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste)
- *or use your favorite bottled Caesar dressing.
- Place all of the ingredients (including the anchovy, if using) for the dressing into the bottom of a large bowl and whisk together. Taste and adjust, if necessary. Add in the romaine lettuce and cucumber noodles and toss to combine.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the oil with the shrimp. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, add in the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip, and cook another 2 minutes or until c-shaped and opaque. Remove from heat.
- Divide the salads onto plates and top each with shrimp and avocado slices. Serve immediately.