At this point, I’m probably dreading leaving gorgeous Riviera Maya, but excited to come back to our apartment as husband and wife!
If you aren’t following me already on Instagram, make sure you are to see my honeymoon shots!
You know, before I became a blogger and started appreciating photography, I would look at people who would post pictures from their honeymoon and think, “Why the heck are they doing that? They should be off, enjoying their time together!”
Now, after really learning to love photography and appreciate it as an art, I couldn’t image not posting pictures of a beautiful place. Sure, I should be “in the moment” while on my honeymoon or any vacation, but, I love taking pictures, so why would I stop?
I’ll still be in the moment – I’ll be capturing it!
Capturing beauty (whether it’s food or a serene beach) through a camera has become such a passion of mine! I have so much to learn as a photographer and an Instagrammer, and I’m loving the journey.
Now, for this recipe. If you have a vegetable hater in your life or someone who doesn’t “believe” in vegetable noodles, this may turn them around.
By using the oh-so-familiar taste of potatoes with the light freshness of zucchini noodles, you have a dish that will satisfying your tummy, tastebuds and waistline.
Whenever I get “bored” with zucchini noodles, I’ll either switch to another veggie noodle OR I’ll just toss in another spiralized veggie into the mix to create a whole new meal.
Just make sure whoever’s eating this dish doesn’t pick out the zucchini noodles ; -)
Note: I am currently on my honeymoon and won’t be able to answer any questions or comments. Thank you for your patience and understanding while I enjoy this time with my…. husband!
Nutritional information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 11 points
Spicy Sausage and Basil Potato and Zucchini Pasta
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 link spicy sausages caseings removed and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1.5 cups seeded and chopped tomato
- 1 large zucchini Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1/3 cup chopped basil + more for garnish
- 1 large garlic clove finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the potato noodles and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for 7 minutes or until potatoes are cooked to al dente. Transfer the potatoes to a plate and immediately add in the sausage. Cook the sausage for 7-10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and browned. Add in tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for another minute. Transfer the tomato and sausage mixture to the plate with the potato noodles.
- Immediately add the zucchini noodles, basil, garlic, red pepper flakes and remaining olive oil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until zucchini softens. When cooked, add in the potato noodles, sausage and tomatoes and toss for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and toss thoroughly to combine. Plate the pasta onto dishes and serve garnished with any leftover chopped basil and the cheese.