Yesterday, I gave you a spiralized dish to bring to football parties.
Today, I give you a slightly more chic dish to bring to fall cocktail parties.
I guess I’m really into partying right now?
I’m the friend that always gets texted, “I’m going to [insert festive event here], I need to bring an appetizer or salad, what should I bring?!”
I always panic – it’s a lot of pressure! In the summer, I usually defer to my Italian Zucchini Pasta Salad. In the winter, I am going to now defer to my Shredded Brussels Sprouts, Kale and Pear Noodle Salad. Sometimes, I suggest a pear and brie crostini or some prosciutto wrapped asparagus – you can never go wrong there.
Now, I have a new recipe I can recommend: spiralized bell pepper antipasto!
This dish is great, because it’s made with mainly pantry items: canned artichokes, canned olives, balsamic vinegar and dried spices. The only produce involved are bell peppers and fresh basil.
The flavors are so robust! When you roast anything, flavors intensify, and that’s especially true here with the artichokes – they take on a nutty, savory taste that’s extra compatible with the provolone cheese.
This makes four small appetizer portions, but turn it into a meal by adding in a couple extra cups of greens and adding in a protein, like roasted chicken or even something as simple as chickpeas.
Now, all you’ll need is a LBD and a party to bring this delicious dish to!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers PointsPlus*: 3 points
*These points were calculated using this unofficial PointsPlus calculator. We are in no way affiliated with WeightWatchers, but have received many requests to post points with our recipes.
Spiralized Bell Pepper Antipasto
- For the bell peppers:
- 1 red bell pepper Blade A
- 1 orange bell pepper Blade A
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- For the artichokes:
- 1.5 cups canned quartered artichokes drained
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- For the rest:
- 1/4 cup small-cubed provolone cheese about 1/4” thick
- 1/2 cup halved black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 2 packed cups mixed greens
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. On one, lay out the bell pepper noodles and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Place the artichokes in a medium mixing bowl with the olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to combine and spread out onto the other baking sheet.
- Bake the artichokes and bell peppers for 20 minutes.
- When the artichokes and peppers are done, place them into a large mixing bowl and add in the provolone cheese, olives and basil. Toss to combine thoroughly and then serve over the mixed greens.