We’re back with another collaboration from one of my favorite fitness brands, Peloton Cycle.
Now, I’m making a summer staple of mine: Creamy Avocado Zucchini Pasta with Charred Corn and Spicy Shrimp.
If you haven’t read up on my fitness journey, then you may not know that I’m a big fan of spinning (stationary cycling indoors with an instructor and awesome music.) The gym in my apartment building has four Peloton bikes and about two years ago, I became hooked and I spin up to 4-5 days a week now! While I don’t always do a full 45 minute class, I may do a quick 15 minute warmup before a lifting day.
Anyway, this post isn’t about my fitness journey, it’s about one of my favorite summer meals: zucchini noodles with a creamy avocado sauce, topped with charred corn and spicy shrimp.
I am obsessed with making corn this way: heat a bit of olive oil in a pan, add in corn kernels (shaved off an ear of corn), and season with salt, pepper and paprika and cook, stirring often, until the corn is charred and bright yellow.
I top this corn on everything – salads, pastas (like this one), and even add it to wraps. And as for tomatoes, well, who doesn’t love cherry tomatoes in the summertime?
Oh, and check out this gorgeous shot of the Inspiralizer working its magic:
And of course, you can’t mess with a solid avocado cream sauce. It’s an easy way to sneak in some healthy fats and not use mayonnaise to make a creamy pasta sauce.
Thanks to Peloton for having me – and to Isaac James for the awesome photos, as always.
Creamy Avocado Zucchini Pasta with Charred Corn and Spicy Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kernels from 1 medium ear of corn
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 8 medium to large shrimp deveined, shells removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- For the avocado dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- ½ small jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Water if needed to thin
- Start by spiralizing, dicing, mincing and prepping all ingredients.
- Next, place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor (or high speed blender) and pulse until
- creamy. Taste and adjust to your preferences, if needed!
- Place the zucchini noodles into a large mixing bowl, add the dressing and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add in the corn kernels and season with paprika, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until corn is bright yellow and fork tender. Remove and set aside.
- While corn cooks, place the shrimp in a medium bowl and top with olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Once the corn is done and set aside, add in the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes, flip, and cook another 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and c-shaped.
- Once fully cooked, plate the zucchini noodles before placing the shrimp on top. Complete by adding in the cooked corn kernels right on top!