These easy Banana Nut Muffins are made in a blender, flourless, and a tasty portable breakfast or snack. They’re meal-prep friendly and packed with protein and vitamins, thanks to ingredients like eggs, veggies, and Bob’s Red Mill’s Rolled Oats and Flaxseed Meal.
Blender Banana Nut Muffins
Welcome to muffin week! In partnership with Bob’s Red Mill, we’ve brought you FOUR new muffin recipes, based off of my smash hit blender muffins (you can find the original recipe here) and now we’re ending with the fifth recipe for Luca’s personal favorite, Blender Banana Nut Muffins.
As a parent, you’re constantly making decisions that affect the whole family. Choosing real, whole, and premium ingredients to use in my meals for my family is one decision that’s easy. If you have been following me through my main Inspiralized channel, then you know I’m a huge Bob’s Red Mill fan and now, as a mother of two, I feel even better about the ingredients I use in my cooking, thanks to Bob’s.
These blender muffins have a super easy base recipe: 1oz (or about 1/3 cup) of cooked vegetable, 2 eggs, 1 banana, 3 tablespoons of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats and 1 tablespoon of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal. And to note, make sure the banana is very ripe. Not browned and bruised, but ripe, so that the muffins are sweet enough, since there is no other sweetness added.
So technically these blender muffins are banana muffins, because the ingredients literally include a banana, but stirring in nuts and adding that extra slice of heavenly banana on top seals the deal as a Banana Nut flavor. Also, my son is obsessed with bananas, so whenever he sees these with the banana on top, he gets very excited – and it’s a fun way to sneak in nuts without worrying about choking hazards (make sure you really finely chop up those nuts!)
You can make these extra special by stirring some chocolate chips into the final batter to make these Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins, but I think they’re perfect as is! I hope you’ve enjoyed muffin week here on the blog and if you make the muffins, please use the hashtag #inspiralizedmuffinweek so we can share!
Note: Although this post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill, all opinions are my own, always.
Watch our video for this recipe and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Blender Banana Nut Muffins
- 1/3 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1 ripe banana + 1/4 banana to thinly slice for the tops of the muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all of the ingredients together except for the extra banana slices and nuts in a blender until smooth. Add the nuts to the batter and stir well to combine. Pour into silicone muffin liners or a well greased muffin tin. Top with banana slices and push in a little into the batter. Bake for 22 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then pop out of the muffin liners/tin. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for 3 months.