These easy Chocolate Chip Beet Muffins are made in a blender, flourless, and a tasty portable breakfast or snack. They’re meal-prep friendly and packed with protein and vitamins, thanks to ingredients like eggs, veggies, and Bob’s Red Mill’s Rolled Oats and Flaxseed Meal.
Blender Chocolate Chip Beet Muffins
Welcome to muffin week! In partnership with Bob’s Red Mill, we’re bringing you FIVE new muffin recipes, based off of my smash hit blender muffins (you can find the original recipe here.)
As a parent, you’re constantly making decisions that affect the whole family. Choosing real, whole, and premium ingredients to use in my meals for my family is one decision that’s easy. If you have been following me through my main Inspiralized channel, then you know I’m a huge Bob’s Red Mill fan and now, as a mother of two, I feel even better about the ingredients I use in my cooking, thanks to Bob’s.
These blender muffins have a super easy base recipe: 1oz (or about 1/3 cup) of cooked vegetable, 2 eggs, 1 banana, 3 tablespoons of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats and 1 tablespoon of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal. And to note, make sure the banana is very ripe. Not browned and bruised, but ripe, so that the muffins are sweet enough, since there is no other sweetness added.
My favorite version of blender muffins in general is ones made with beets. There’s something extra delicious about adding beets, and I don’t eat enough of them outside of these muffins (they’re messy and kind of a hard vegetable to fit into your diet unless you’re making big salads.) And, to save myself so much time, I use pre-cooked organic beets (I love the Love Beets brand.)
I’ve added vegan chocolate chips here to add extra sweetness and look like a sweet treat, when really they’re a nutritious, protein and veggie packed muffin!
Note: Although this post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill, all opinions are my own, always.
Watch our video for this recipe and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Chocolate Chip Beet Muffins
- 1/3 cup cooked red beets
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips + more for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all of the ingredients together except for the chocolate chips in a blender until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and stir with a spoon or spatula. Pour into silicone muffin liners or a well greased muffin tin. Bake for 22 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then pop out of the muffin liners/tin. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for 3 months.