Once, my mother and I ordered champagne and lump crab meat at an airport. I actually forget where we were going, but we felt special. There’s something about lump crab meat that’s fancy.
I like to think that this spiralized butternut squash pasta dish is regal. The feta and parsley look stunning on top of the orange noodles and the flavors… well, the flavors are fit for a King (or in my case, a Queen!)
Spicy crab meat pasta was one of my favorite dishes that my mother made for me while growing up. Just garlic, olive oil and chili flakes are all you need. The simple yet rich flavor of crab meat infuses the warmed olive oil and the chili flakes give it a kick of heat in each bite.
The parsley gives the dish a freshness and the feta warms into the noodles, giving it a creamy saltiness.
Crab meat is very low in calories – about 45 cals for 1/3 of a cup! While it’s a bit pricey, you’ll be saving plenty of calories. That’s a good deal, if you ask me.
Let this dish be a tribute to my mother, who tried so desperately to get me to cook during my middle school years. I remember kicking and screaming with lots of ‘but I don’t waaaaaaanna’s. Look how the tables have turned!
Feel free to enjoy this dish with a glass of bubbly. Cheers to you, mom!
Spicy Garlic Lump Crab Butternut Squash Pasta with Feta & Parsley
- olive oil to drizzle
- 1 butternut squash peeled, Blade C
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a baking tray, spread out the butternut squash noodles. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the oven preheats, add in the butternut squash noodles. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until softened.
- Next, in a large skillet, add in the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Then, add in the red pepper flakes and crab meat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes or until the crab meat is heated.
- Place the butternut squash noodles in a bowl and pour in crab meat mixture.
- Top with parsley and feta. Enjoy!