I wish you could insert pizza emojis into blog posts. Is that a thing/possible?
I’ve been on a real spiralized pizza kick lately, starting with my mini-pizzas made with the sweet potato noodle bun.
Today, we’re making a larger pizza, using spiralized Russet potatoes. It’s vegetarian, flavorful, and packed with summer flavor.
If you missed it, I actually had this for dinner the other week – one slice is honestly enough, it’s filling! But, if you’re looking to have a pizza feast but don’t want to go off that healthy track, this is the pizza to make!
Don’t be intimidated by this recipe – it’s much easier than you think! It’s actually easier (but not as cute) as my mini-pizzas. All you need to do is:
- cook the noodles in a skillet,
- toss the noodles with eggs,
- reposition the eggs in the skillet so they’re spread out like a crust,
- bake in the oven!
Then, your crust is made and you can add whatever toppings your heart desires. I stuck with a vegetarian, summer theme – using creamy ricotta, gooey mozzarella, basil, red pepper flakes, corn, and of course, spiralized zucchini!
Once you nail the crust, you’ll have a gluten-free pizza option all year round (use sweet potato noodles in the winter!)
My one major tip is that if you are using tomato sauce, add the tomato sauce AFTER the cheese base. Otherwise, the tomato sauce will leak too much into the crust and cause it to be soggy and eventually, fall apart.
Other than that – enjoy! Make sure to use the hashtag #inspiralizedpizza if you make this!
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 8 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Spiralized Potato and Zucchini Pizza Bianca with Charred Corn
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large Russet potatoes peeled, Blade D
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 medium eggs beaten
- kernels from 1 ear of corn
- 1/2 small zucchini
- 4-5 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 teaspoons ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in an oven-proof 12” skillet. Once oil is shimmering, add the potato noodles and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss until cooked and wilted and lightly browned, about 10 minutes and then transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Let cool for 1 minute and then add in the egg and toss well to combine.
- Transfer the noodles back into the skillet, spreading them out to cover the bottom of the skillet. Place the skillet back over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes or until bottom is set. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the egg is cooked and the noodles are set and appear firm when pressed down with the back of a spatula. Ideally, the crust should start to brown and perhaps some of the edges are crispy.
- As the crust cooks, heat the remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook until bright yellow and fork tender, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Also, meanwhile, slice the zucchini piece halfway through lengthwise, careful not to pierce through the center. Spiralize using Blade A and set noodles aside.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, leaving about 1” from the ends for a crust. Season with pepper and then place teaspoon dollops of the ricotta over the mozzarella. Then, sprinkle with corn and layer with zucchini slices. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until mozzarella melts.
- Once pizza is finished, garnish with parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Serve straight out of the skillet!