Summer Melon Cheese Plate
What better way to enjoy the final weeks of summer than with a summer melon cheese plate? Cantaloupe and prosciutto are a salty and sweet combo classic and perfect for this beautiful presentation with crackers and cheeses.
Invite your friends and family over, bring out the crisp summer wine and spritzers, and impress them with this spiralized cheese plate. You’ll want to serve the cheese plate with some tongs for picking up the melon and cheese, to keep it classy.
I served the melon and prosciutto with some summer appropriate mozzarella and some classic cheddar cheese, but make it your own and use the cheeses you prefer – a brie or manchego would work well here, too!
Other summer veggies like cucumbers would be great, especially with hummus or like I served it, with my favorite vegan cream cheese from Kitehill.
Have fun with this cheese plate! I garnished with a little fresh basil for extra summer love – a bit of mint would be nice too!
Summer Meat and Cheese Plate
- 1 medium cantaloupe peeled, halved and seeds removed
- 3 oz prosciutto
- 6 mozzarella balls halved
- 6 baby carrots halved lengthwise
- 1 cup crackers
- 2 cups sliced assorted cheese
- ¼ cup KiteHill almond chive cream cheese or preferred cream cheese
- fresh basil to garnish
- Spiralize half of the cantaloupe on Blade A. Cut the spiralized cantaloupe into smaller slices so they’re easier for serving. Reserve the remaining cantaloupe for future use.
- Assemble your cheese plate using the remaining ingredients, placing the prosciutto and melon together for easier serving. I served the carrots in a mini glass jar. Serve the cream cheese in a little bowl for dipping. Garnish with basil.