It’s rice fever over here in the Inspiralized kitchen. I got it bad.
You’ll tell me if I’m ever overdoing the rice or the noodles, right? I try to find a balance, but, man, this rice is just too good to keep under wraps.
Especially today’s recipe.
Hi, my name is Ali and I’m a nut butter addict.
PHEW! IT FEELS SO GOOD TO SAY THAT.
I really, really, really love almond and peanut butter. Like, I-gained-15-pounds-in-college-because-I-ate-so-much-of-it. Most freshman gain the 15 from adjusting to cafeteria food, the alcohol intake, the late night pizza with dorm friends.
Not I. I gained it from the peanut butter. Whenever almond butter stole the spotlight, I started devouring tubs in a couple days. I can’t be trusted.
Heck, it’s better than downing a Big Mac with a chocolate milkshake and a side of fries, right? We’ve all got our rationalizations. That’s mine!
Anyway, I’ve seriously digressed. This peanut coconut red curry is the sweet potato rice’s best friend. The sweetness of the potato really comes out with the peanut butter. Thus, there’s no reason to add any sugar (although traditional recipes call for it) to the curry.
I may be biased (on account of my aforementioned addiction to peanut butter), but this curry sweet potato rice might be the tastiest thing you eat all week.
It’s got the perfect amount of sweetness, creaminess, smoothness and is packed with hearty flavor from the pork and bell peppers. Every bite melts in your mouth, especially since the sweet potato rice is so soft and fluffy.
Just start with a bed of sweet potato rice.
Then, add a large spoonful of this curry with pork!
And…… dig in!
Needless to say, peanut curries are my favorite and this will quickly become a new favorite of yours. My spider sense is tinglin’ on that one.
What do you think? Do you like seeing rice recipes? Have you tried any yet?
You can find this recipe on my Pinterest board, here:
Inspiralized eBook Update
Unfortunately, my eBook will no longer be available for purchase as of Saturday, March 22nd so if you haven’t purchased it yet (and have been meaning to), now’s your chance.
In light of all this, I’m offering my final eBook discount code, valid today through Friday. Enter “GOODBYE35” upon checkout to receive the discount off the $9.99 eBook.
For more information and to purchase the eBook, click here.
Thai Pork & Peanut Coconut Red Curry with Sweet Potato Rice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp minced ginger
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 2 boneless pork tenderloins sliced into ½-inch strips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups sweet potato rice*
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the oil. Add in the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Then, add in the onions. Let cook for 1 minute and then add in the pork slices. Cook the pork for about 5 minutes until it starts to brown. Remove the pork and add in the red bell pepper slices. Let cook for 3 minutes and then put the pork back into the skillet.
- Add in the peanut butter and curry paste. Stir to combine and then add in the coconut milk and chicken broth. Toss to combine, cover the skillet and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 10 minutes, uncover and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Once done, remove the cover and stir in the cilantro. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve alongside the sweet potato rice. Enjoy!